Services for Individuals

Personal Tax Returns & Self-Assessment

With our experience in submitting countless Personal Tax Returns to HMRC on behalf of sole traders, company directors and landlords, we can help you avoid unnecessary penalties and stress by ensuring that your self-assessment is always prepared and filed on time.

Do I need to file a Self-Assessment?

This is a very common question that we are asked regularly at Khan & Co.

Income tax is collected automatically by HMRC from pensions and wages, but any additional income must be declared in your personal tax/self-assessment return. You must register for self-assessment if you fall into any of the categories below:

  • You are self-employed or in a partnership
  • You are a company director
  • You and your partners’ income was over £50,000 and claimed Child Benefit
  • You lived and worked abroad
  • You received foreign income
  • You received income from letting land or property
  • You have untaxed income or savings
  • Your savings or investment income is sizeable
  • You made profits from selling assets and need to pay Capital Gains Tax

Rental Accounts

We have extensive experience in preparing rental accounts for both individuals and companies who have purchased by-to-let properties. You can therefore be sure that you will receive the most beneficial rental property advice to minimise your tax liabilities as a landlord.

Tax Appeals

We understand that at times people may be late in filing their tax returns due to circumstances that are beyond their control.

If you previously managed your own accounts and have incurred a late-filing penalty we can help with your appeal to HMRC. With our experience of over twenty years we have helped countless new clients in having late-filing penalties overturned.

We take the time to understand the situation in order to be able to prepare each appeal accordingly. As a result of this we have successfully had numerous penalties overturned and gained new clients who never incurred late filing penalties again.